My big, hairy audacious goal in life is to bring honor (back) to the role of husband and wife – to acknowledge and honor marriage, and being married.
The stories and posts below encourage me so much – and they show me that others are also passionate about a meaning-filled marriage!
- Steve and Cindy Wright – this couple heads up Marriage Missions International. Cindy tells her story about how the “happily-ever-after” in her marriage transitioned to the “D” word, and then was re-formed by the suggestion of a friend. Love all their resources/articles.
- Gail & Mike Hyatt – a few years ago on Valentines Day, Michael Hyatt (chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishing) wrote a blog post honoring his wife. What I love about my wife. Then – Gail responded – A Super-Human Husband He’s really good at tweeting about spending time with his wife, and honoring her role in his life. She does the same.
- Jeff & Cheryl Scruggs – I Do Again – this couple started marriage as ‘the perfect couple’ and then went through betrayal, infidelity and divorce, emotional damage and scarring, forgiveness, restoration, trust, and then re-marriage… to each other. Watch their video too.
- Debi & Tom Walter – hosts of The Romantic Vineyard website – providing ideas and affirmations to make marriages grow. I love their romantic ideas and plan on visiting some of their suggested places in August when Robert and I visit Orlando.
- Brett and Kellie Hurst – of Home Encouragement. Their goal is to help Houston marriages become important again to families. I love the idea of their once a month dinner with couples!
Most times we honor our husband or wife a little less publicly. These are just 5 examples of great couples who are a little more public about their marriages/marriage missions.
It is possible to have a great marriage. Really.
How has your husband or wife honored you and your marriage?